YCW Child Safeguarding Statement
The Young Christian Workers of Ireland recognises and upholds the dignity and worth of all children and young adults and is committed to ensuring their safety and wellbeing and that of the adults, paid staff and volunteers, working with them.
Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, the Children First: National Guidance, and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice.
The following procedures support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our service:
- Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against workers/volunteers of a child availing of our service
- Procedures for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children
- Procedure for provision of and access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm
- Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla
- Procedure for maintaining a list of the persons (if any) in the relevant service who are mandated persons
- Procedure for appointing a relevant person.
We recognise that implementation is an ongoing process. Our service is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm while availing of our service. This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed in February 2020, or as soon as practicable after there has been any material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
For queries or concern about a Child Safeguarding issue, please contact:
Ms. Vicky Rattigan, Relevant Person under the Children First Act 2015
YCW National Office
St. Paul’s Church
Arran Quay, Dublin 7. D07 KX66.
Tusla – Child and Family Agency,
The Brunel Building,
Heuston South Quarter,
Saint John’s Road West,
Phone: 01 7718500